Two years. Two years it took me to finish this thing. Two years spent squinting at it- looking for possibilities. Two years of thinking about leg options late into the night.
And now it’s done.
I used brass plane iron adjustment knobs with rosewood infill. The drawers and top are made from a piece of billet wood I acquired from a guy who knows a guy who works on the docks here in Portland It was a piece of mahogany-like wood spalted from prolonged time in a ship hold in proximity of water and suitable fungi.
The top handel was hand-carved. The inner drawer dividers are rippled maple from a local maple tree.
I finished this with oil and wax. Couldn’t bring myself to give it a top-coat.
I managed to use lots of ebony pieces I’d had laying around for the trim.
The top lifting box is of a piece of Chechen I’d been lugging around with me since the early 1990’s. Drawer linings of Pendleton wool scraps.
Since this was a practice piece, my price on this has nothing to do with the amount of time it took. Thanks for looking!